If you can't type anything in the application form, the text fields are grayed out, and a lock symbol appears next to the mouse cursor, it means the opportunity administrator is restricting submissions to only applicants who have selected specific schools/colleges/departments (the system uses the term organizations) in their user profile.
The solution is to go to your user profile and add the appropriate organization. If you select the one you belong to and save, you will be able to return to the application and fill it out.
How to select an organization in your profile:
1. Click the link in the pop up box that says: Click here to add an organization to your User Profile.
Note: You can also access your profile at any time by clicking your name in the upper right corner (next to 'Hello').
2. Click the Add Primary Organization button.
3. A pop-up box will appear with an org list from your institution.
4. If applicable, search or click the arrows to expand the list.
5. Select your school/college/department.
6. Click Save & Close.
7. If applicable, click Add Secondary Organization to add others that apply to you.
8. Click the Save Changes button at the bottom of the page.
9. Return to the application form and complete the application.