InfoReady allows users to designate other users as proxies for themselves (i.e. User 1 makes User 2 a proxy for User 1). A common example is a department chair or supervisor designating an executive assistant to be a proxy. Using this method is important so that the application contents are connected with the original/main user's profile, rather than the proxy.
The only action proxies can take is to submit applications on behalf of the applicant. Proxies are unable to submit reviews or reference letters on behalf of other users.
Adding Proxies to My Account
1. Go to your profile by clicking your name in the upper right corner of the page.
2. On your profile page, scroll down to the section titled Designate an Applicant Proxy and click the Add Proxy button.
3. Enter the email address or name of the person who will be your proxy.
Note: The person will appear in a dropdown menu if they already have an account in InfoReady. The platform will automatically create an account for the proxy if they did not previously have an account in the system with the email address you entered. They do not have to register for or create an account.
4. Click Add.
5. The person will appear in your list of proxies. (Delete them at any time by clicking the trash can icon).
6. The system will send the proxy an email informing them that they are now a proxy for you.
7. Click Save Changes.