The third step in creating involves setting up Routing Steps (RS). This section is where administrators:
- Order the workflow for the review process
- Build the form(s) reviewers fill out
- Design the reviewer experience
RS are NOT:
- NOT where you assign reviewers
- This comes later when managing the process, after applications are accepted for review.
- Note: An exception to this is when default reviewers are used, which are usually those who review all applications in a certain routing step. For more information, view this article.
- NOT necessary for launching
- If you want to start collecting apps right away, you can launch and add RS later (by returning to Edit mode from the Manage tab).
How many RS do you need?
- How many rounds of reviews will the opportunity require?
- Multiple reviewers can be assigned to a routing step. You do not need to have a separate routing step for each reviewer.
- Multiple review criteria do not require multiple RS. You can include up to 20 criteria within one RS, each with its own rating scale and comment box.
- Administrators always have access to all routing steps, so they do not need their own.
- E.g., If the first “step” you need is an Admin verifying correct application contents, this can be done with the Accept or Return actions within the Manage view and should not be a routing step.
For more information on Routing Steps, visit: