If you choose to use the Participating Organization Hierarchy, you be able to collect valuable metadata over time. Below are six common ways to use this list.
- Administrators can select from a pre-defined Participating Organizations list on the Details page to target specific groups (see #1 in the image below).
2. Restricting Submissions
- Administrators can limit Applicants from applying if the Applicant is not part of that organization:
3. User Profile
- Applicants can select from a pre-defined Primary or Secondary Organizations list when updating their profile.
- Administrators can include this question on the application form:
5. Department-Driven Routing Steps (Gold/Platinum feature)
- Maps designated reviewers to different levels in the organization (e.g., Department Chairs)
- Automatically assign specific reviewers to a routing step based on the applicant’s department.
- Include Primary Organization on the application form (Requirements).
- Then sort by organization to quickly group similar applications and take action using the Batch Actions menu.
- Select Filter Organizations to pick entries from your list: