This feature allows applicant data from a user's profile to autofill specific fields on an application form or progress report. It is available to any client who uses the Form Designer Template. If you would like the user data to feed in automatically, that is an add-on feature (Dynamic Profile+) not part of a standard InfoReady license. For more information on adding the feature, contact your Account Manager or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Each user's profile has the following fields:
- First Name - If using SSO, this field likely already populates in profile
- Last Name - If using SSO, this field likely already populates in profile
- * ID - Unique alphanumeric ID (e.g., student ID, employee ID)
- Email Address - Primary email address. If using SSO, this field likely already populates in profile.
- Email Alias - List of any other email address(es) associated with the user
- Phone Number
- Title - Professional or academic title
- * Campus - If multiple campuses exist
- * School - Academic school or college within the institution
- * Department
- * Degree
- * Major
Notes: - *Fields listed in green can be contextualized (i.e., renamed) to suit your needs. - By default, users can input information into their own user profiles, or administrators can do it on their behalf. - Any fields are imported via a data feed, those fields will populate on each user's profile automatically and cannot be edited.
Form Creation (Requirements or Progress Reports)
- To utilize the Dynamic Profiles feature, first start with the Form Designer Template (or open a current opportunity made with that template).
- Navigate to either the Requirements or Progress Reports area (wherever you'd like to add the profile fields).
1. Add a Text Field (or click on an existing one).
2. Open the Settings panel.
3. In the "Populate with profile field" dropdown, choose a specific field from the list.
4. Once a field is selected from the list, the Field label and Instructions areas will fill in with default text. Modify as needed to clarify for your applicants.
5. Click anywhere to the left of the panel to return to creating the form.
If data exists in a user's profile, the user will see that data populated within the relevant field(s) on the form:
- If profile information has been entered and saved by the applicant or an administrator, it will display but can only be edited from the user's profile.
- If the data is incorrect or blank, the applicant will need to go to their user profile (by clicking their name in the upper right corner next to "Hello"), update the relevant field(s), and click the Save Changes button near the bottom of their profile.
- If profile information is provided via a data feed, applicants and administrators cannot edit the information on the user's profile.
- If the data is incorrect or blank, the applicant will need to contact the opportunity's administrator, who will need to connect with the institution's IT team to update the file sent to InfoReady.